Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I have been mute on this blog for more than two years I think...Today I felt an irresistible urge to blog all of a sudden. I was myself taken by surprise, as this
thought struck me on a lonely drive back home from the suburban side of Whitefield. I saw a nursery by the roadside which had beautiful flower plants in all colors
neatly arranged in a row on the footpath to attract footfall. This sight instantly reminded me of my blog. Strange! At times, certain sights, scents or people swing
your mind to unexpected territories.

As I sipped my evening masala chai, I jotted down these few lines which came to my mind, aptly reflecting my state of mind. This is dedicated to all wives and
girlfriends who have been deserted by their lovers,off on business travel.

I miss the soft touch of your face
Which is not in sight for me to caress
I miss the comfort and solace in your hug
Like cold hands clutching a warm coffee mug

I miss the familiar scent of your shirt
Which used to banish my worry and hurt
I miss your presence when I retire for the night
Imagining a pillow to be you, hugging it tight
Swallowing my sobs and giving my tears a fight

Let him be here back soon,
I plead the silvery moon
The twinkling stars step forward and yell
Oh get a life! and spare us the sorrow
May be the sun can comfort you tomorrow

He doesnt miss you as much -  mocks the morning sun
He is out there in tour and having fun
Dont shed the pearlies, and dont let your thoughts drift
Call and ask him to be back with an expensive gift



1 Comments:

Blogger Sum Thing in Common - AnZ said...

Very nice.....it's AnZ again www.sumthingincommon.wordpress.com
Keep writing

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home