Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Why just present?

Re-living those rose-tinted memories, fulfilling your deepest desires, and realizing your silver-hued starry dreams is how some of us live. Dont we project ourselves into the unknown realms of the future, to predict the unforeseen? Does nt our imagination outpace our present to give us golden hopes of happy moments, waiting to be lived ahead? Dont we practice imaging day and night, mentally sketching ourselves being successful/happy/rich years from now? I remember the dark dingy dormitory of Welham, books and papers strewm around, nerves pulsating with increasing tension and stress. I remember feeling the impending danger of 12th boards, and the horrifying images of missing top scores and landing in local engineering colleges. That present was endurable, because of that one glance I had stolen of a BITS Pilani prospectus online, that one surreal impulse thought of perhaps landing there. What we believe in, manifests automatically in our imagination. Whatever are our deepest desires are spun sub-consciously into magical dreams, even when we want to shun them. And it is this power of mental imaging which mutates the dismal present, and makes us bring the painted canvas of unseen future into reality.

Why should I only live in the present, if my present has nothing to offer besides worry, regret and failure? I prefer to live in the future..planning things ahead, shuffling my moves here and there in the vast chequered chessboard of life....I draw inspiration from the milestones achieved in the past...Happy memories instantly brighten my present, casting a supernatural dusky glow to the dark mortal moments..I refuse to live in the present, if its a moment of despair, failure, embarrasment, regret or dejection. I prefer to live the present by recalling the past and planning the future.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

loved this post..it really cheered me up..post another one quick..

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go.

Cheers!!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - awesome post. Just stumbled by your blog - should say u write really well :)
Can really relate to this one - as its just like me - I go over the past - thinking re-thinking with the what if's......

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its a very positive attitude towards life.. Gives a new perspective.. a much better approach to life than "living for the present"

9:35 AM  
Blogger santu said...

Awesome post!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home