Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Godmothers wedding

I plunged into wedlock much before my Godmother did..but that doesnt make me a lesser goddaughter!! after all, Godmother herself descended to Guwahati to grace my wedding..she smiled knowingly at me and my Husband..as if sealing and approving our match with her sipritual wisdom...she extended her hand over our heads to shower on us her blessings..i could then see the halo behind her illuminated face, radiant with the happiness to see her godchild married ...how blessed i felt to have a Godmother like her...i have always acted on her whims and fancies...SO DO SOME PEOPLE THINK!!!!
Amit thinks Zans is my godmother, that she has advised me on everything, with something as trivial as planning the dress i shud wear on his first birthday -- to the very decision of marrying him!!! He thinks i must have borrowed wisdom frm her, whenever i have talked anything that has made the slightest sense to him!! that I have always followed her advice my four years in BITs from acads to men to marriage...God knows how such weird ideas enter his head...overhearing a secret girlie-girlie conversation between us over the phone is no proof of the fact that i have a godmother in her!!!..only if He would not be so conceited on deciphering this supposedly best-guarded secret Truth!!

Zans weds Mrityunjaya....a testimony to the fact that certain things are just meant to be..specially when two people are determined to spend their lives together, come whatever may...what started as a mere tripping and teasing session in the summers of 2002 in Bits..culminated into holy marriage...!!! we have seen the two of them graduating from acquaintainces to friends, from friends to being each others support system..and now to life partners.

The wedding was something I was looking forward to from a long time........and it was worth the wait...we all had tons and tons of fun....decking up for hours before very wedding function..the numerous snaps we posed for...the heart-to-heart midnight conversations we shared...mine and lipi's descperate craving for tea every morning ....aditi parida's nonstop chattering over anything stupid and trivial...the amazing andhra delicacies served...the dawn adventure of the students hostel...to the 1/2 hour shopping session we stole while making 2 people wait for us in the airport :D....we had amazinggggggggg funnnnnnnn!!!

i always knew shilpa was demented..but my worst suspicions got confirmed this wedding..just the day before the wedding, there were a lot of gusets at zans place and Uncle had arranged for our acco in a students hostel...there were 8 beds in a room..and there was hot water available in the common area before the room...we all slept at 1:30 only to have to make it to the wedding venue at 7:30 am...suddnely i hear some disturbance around me and i wake up..i see shilpa right in front my eyes, with a towel in her hand...i glanced at my watch...5:20am!!!!!!! how could somebody wake up at this unearthly hour and that too, get up staright and head for a bath..i later learnt that she had woken up at 3..and was preparing for her beauty bath since then..i tried shutting my eyes again..fell into a half-sleepy state when i just opened my eyes to see a very old lady staring at me in my room........!!!!! heavens!!! i woke up lipi..and we both giggled and screamed at shilpa..only to know that this lady had followed shilpa to the room who had whacked her hot water bucket frm the common area!!! so much for an early shower!! huh!!!

Weddings are so much fun...yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Here is wishing both of them a very very happy married life!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lipi said...

My sympathies with those 2 poor souls that were kept waiting at Hyd airport ...

1:43 AM  
Blogger garima said...

I wonder whether you did the same thing on my wedding also..hehe

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home