Monday, March 17, 2008

Tumhaaraa time time, aur humaara time kuch bhee nahi? :(

I hate people who try to barge in before the other people waiting in a queue already. This shameful act is so insulting to others who have spent anything between 5 minutes to half an hour waiting. As in, are we foooolllsss, who have spent our time in the queueu, following some discipline? What gives you the shamefulness to disregard other people's time and just value yours urgently? Were u a VIP to proudly make your appearnace? How can you nod at your friend silently in the queue and join it, pushing the other people behind?

Today in the cafetaria, i saw one smart-ass approaching the queue for breakfast grinning at his friend, who immediately pushed himself backward to give the smiling-idiot some space. I felt something choke me. I clenched my teeth, instructing myself to let it just go. But my anger got the better of me.

Me (trying to keep my face straight and my voice soft) : "Excuse me! Can you please follow the queue???" (##$%$%%#!^&^*****)

Smiling idiot (taken aback for a split second): "Err..Umm..Oh actually I had been waiting few minutes back and I have rejoined".

Me (not convinced and this time find myself shrugging my shoulders and raising my eyebrows): "So?????"

Smiling Idiot dint know what to do. He continued to stand where he was, and I turned away with an oh-no-use-talking-to-you-incorrigible-fools expression. But the silence which followed our short exchange was weird (:D). I failed to notice that now there were other people specially ladies who were now glaring at the smiling idiot, who was no longer smiling but nervous under the stares. After some 3 minutes, he left and rejoined the queue at its rear. Good for him!!! People may think I was rude to correct him but then, I have no regrets.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nikhil Gidra said...

hilarious!!!

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)) good you did that !

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, an year back I would have done the same thing myself ... but somehow today I feel that we need to take life a little more easy and let go of things that challenge our need for that perfect orderin the world.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Ravish said...

Well done! But, you still sound rude in your post without considering that he finally followed the queue. He had the courage to accept his mistake. I have seen people who will fight back and you wouldn't have been able to do anything if he had been one of those. I feel that he was not an idiot and he should be treated fairly.

Cheers!!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Namrata said...

yes ravish u are right...later i too felt that it as not correct to label him as idiot as in,i ve seen many who get tempted to get in a queue.And u too abhy, sometimes we do need to move on with these lil "imperfect" things which people do....may be i should have just smiled (instead of a straight face) and asked him in a friendly tone to join the queue at the end...ll be careful now on - Namrata

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

saman to bandha tumne par chama(bala)tkar ke baare maio kuch likha hi nahin?

~From "Loose character"

10:51 AM  
Blogger Namrata said...

this is for "loose character",dont u get enuff to read about all that in news, papers, etc...that u want to raed in my blog also...and also loose character, zaraa identity reveal karne ki himmat rakhe...

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My character speaks about myself..
And to show one's true character is the biggest "himmat" in this world ;-)

btw, the starting 2 lines in the blog were needless

From "lC"

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home