Friday, June 27, 2008

Mediocrity


I now realise that I have always shuddered at the thought of submitting myself to mediocrity, in some way or the other...a chill grips my spine as it dawns on me that I am falling prey to the fatalism of being average in whatever i do, of being the routine nine-to-five office goer who diligently swipes the employeed card at the office gate every morning, of being that one in a herd of bored metro inhabitants who swarm to multiplexes in large numbers to indulge in a masala hindi movie, of being reduced to a mere employee number in a firm whose strength has reached just over a thousand...of being one of the millions of engineers who passed out in 2004..I dont do anything different from what the whole world is doing...we all are a part of that great mob called the general class, who do the same thing..How many lives have we touched? When was it last that we spurred people to think about us?? Will our work, on which we take immense pride and which got us the last gold medal or double promotion ,be remembered, once we are no more?? ....all the papers we scribbled into will all be blotted out and recycled..the books on which we burnt midnight oil, trying to read them hard, will be lying in an old attic somewhere...their pages yellowed and beaten by the winds of time...and the arduous frenzied handwriting of ours all faded into oblivion...into the vast emptiness of time..all my thoughts penned on this blog will lead to a dead link one day....lost in cyber space...

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikhil Gidra said...

Awesum!!!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's high time to act. Options have always been there but most of us chose a secure option just to be on the safer side.

Take risks;if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.

Cheers,

11:25 PM  
Blogger Rits said...

hey...i got the link to ur blog from nam's..she was my flat mate in hyd...i liked the content of this post...i think u can start planting more trees :D...well..it sounds funny...but this is the 1st thought that came to my mind on reading the post

5:22 AM  
Blogger Shivani said...

Awesome post !!! Made me think twice what to do with my day today..

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home